I don’t know about you but one of my favourite times is when I first start planning a trip somewhere. It’s all the excitement of where to go, when to go, what to do and see etc.
Like I’ve previously said, after coming back from my month in America I 100% have the post travel blues. So much so, that I was back not even 24 hours and was already planning next years big travels, but I’ll start off with the not so distant future first.
- Dublin: Nothing is booked for Dublin as it was literally just brought into play a few hours ago. With one of my friends having time off work in the middle of August she mentioned she didn’t want to be off from work and not do anything so, Dublin. I’ve been twice before and I loved it, so why not go back? It will just be for about 2 days, but 2 days away from here and away from work is better than nothing at all.
- London: The weekend after I plan on going to Dublin, I’m heading back down to London. I cannot wait, London is a favourite place of mine. I’m going to London for 4 days, why? Comedy of course. You may not have heard of him but I’m going down to see a comedian from Boston (so fitting after my last post) who is based in NY. I unfortunately didn’t get to see him when I was in NY as he had shows in Princeton. Anything for an excuse to go to London for me.
- Kraków/Reykjavik: It will be one or the other, I’m still waiting to see if myself and my 5 best friends are going away for a weekend, but if not I might just have to head off to one of these places myself. It will be October/November time so it will be a good end to the year as my last trip of 2016.
- London: Again? I hear you ask. Again. Like before I’m off to London for Comedic reasons, two weekends in a row I’m going down to see the Impractical Jokers. The excitement I have for these shows is something else. If you don’t know who the Impractical Jokers are I beg you to find out. They are 4 of the funniest guys ever, from Staten Island. Check them out.
- Thailand: Camp Thailand to be precise, and possibly some travelling afterwards. I’ve applied for a new job and it all depends on the outcome of that as to whether I go for 3 weeks or 3 months (just a small jump in time). All I do know is, I plan on heading out at the end of August and am so ridiculously excited as Thailand is somewhere I’ve wanted to visit for a few years now.
Well that’s my travel plans so far! I cannot wait. Leave me a comment and tell me all about your future travel plans! I would love to hear about them, maybe our paths will be crossing at some point?
Each year my friends and I pick a different city to visit for the weekend. So far we’ve found ourselves in:
- Dublin (twice).
The question of course, was where do we go next? We decided to make it a little more fun and each picked a different place we wanted to visit.
So, Monday night sat in a pub in a pretty much drunken state for us all, we decided this was the perfect time and place (obviously) for us to make our final decisions and pick where we would be going.
The 6 of us (well 5, as one of my friends didn’t make it). Needless to say she got a mail like, “where are you picking, we’re choosing now?!” So with her option chosen, it was down to the 5 of us to whittle down where we want to go. After much debating, we all chose:
- Stockholm, Sweden.
- Oslo, Norway.
- Prague, Czech Republic.
- Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Budapest, Hungary.
- Kraków, Poland.
It’s pretty much since we got back from Amsterdam in November we’ve been discussing doing this. Although anywhere I picked my friends didn’t seem to want to go, so as a last minute decision I picked Kraków, Poland.
Now it was down to someone picking where we went, the obvious choice was ask the bar staff to choose. And guess whose choice got picked.. mine.
Kraków here we come.
It won’t be until nearer the end of the year but even still, it’s exciting just planning these things.
Have you been to Kraków before? Or maybe you’ve been to one of the other places we were choosing between? Leave me a comment and let me know.
2015 is over, 2016 has begun and my countdown to my travels really begins.
150 days: the countdown has begun!
If I’m honest, we’ve been on a countdown since the minute our flights were booked as that’s when our plans finally came to life and it was actually happening. But now, now our trip is merely months away. 150 days. Can you believe it? After years of planning, it’s coming around so quickly.
And that’s only the start of my travelling plans!
Kraków and hopefully Thailand are on the list too, with who knows hopefully where else I may find myself journeying to.
I feel like this is going to be my year. This is going to be the year I start to experience what I want in life and start to make things happen for me. This time next year I want to have quit my job, I want to be travelling more, I want to be living my life to its fullest. I’m sick of working 40+ hours a week to not be seeing anything from it. I want to do something with my life and I know this year is when I figure everything out. “New year, new me” as they say…
Anyway, happy new year lads! I hope 2016 is a good one for you all, and hey.. Feel free to leave me a comment. It’s always great to make new friends and speak to you all!