Well look at that!!
My counting down is officially over. I’m currently wired to the moon (with excitement) as in just a few hours time I’m heading to the airport to catch my first flight of this trip.
Glasgow to Amsterdam is first on the agenda. Kind of gutted we don’t have a long stopover in Amsterdam as it would have been good to see it again.
I have a feeling my case is a ridiculous weight but at the same time, yolo. Do I care that much? Nope.
I haven’t slept yet and I feel like there’s no point in me even trying to get a little sleep as in 2 hours time I need to get up. Sometimes as well it makes you feel 10x worse, at least it does with me!
It’s so weird knowing it’s actually here! I said my goodbyes in work, can’t tell you all how good it feel knowing I don’t have to go back to that place for a good few weeks!
LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN!
In case you haven’t caught on yet, tomorrow I get on a plane with my 3 best friends and we head to Boston to start our American road trip.
So last on my countdown is:
1. Last shift in work for 5 weeks – today marked my one final shift in work before we go away. I can’t explain how good it was to clock out knowing I have five whole weeks off. Not only am I off, I’ll be in America with my best mates. What more could I ask for?
Hopefully over the next few weeks I’ll be posting as much as I can whenever I have a spare minute to write myself up a post.
I’m so excited to share my upcoming experiences with you all, if you want to see more than just what I post on here you have a few options:
1. Follow me on Twitter here
2. Follow either my personal Instagram here or our group one here
3. Can also add my snapchat; username is to yasmindox
Leave a comment and me know if you do any of the above!
Shit is getting real.
Sorry for the language but, after almost 2 years.. it’s 2 days away. Each day I’m still in disbelief that it’s almost here. I’m almost on what is undoubtedly going to be one of the best trips of my life, with my best friends.
So today it’s 2 and I’m switching it up slightly.
2. Beginning of the trip – obviously the whole trip is going to be one of the most exciting, surreal experiences ever. I don’t think it’s going to actually kick in until, until we pick up our car. Even landing in Boston I don’t think it’ll feel real, but come day 3 when we go and pick our car up and head to Salem before we hit New York. That is when it’s going to be like, “we are actually here doing this.” I mean I might be wrong but, we’ll soon see.
1. End of the trip – I think there’s going to be so many emotions towards the end of our trip. We’ll be sad that it’s coming to an end. Possibly happy to be going home to see friends, family and pets. Overall I think we’ll be so incredibly happy not just that we’ve experienced road trippin’ across America, but that we’ve experienced it with each other.
It’s almost time for my trip! Follow our instagram here and you’ll see our journey across America.
There’s only one word to describe the current situation surreal.
It’s 3 days until we go. I feel like this past year has flew in and this almost week has felt like a day.
No matter how long you are away for, whether it be a weeks holiday to Spain, a month in America or a year in Australia there’s always something you miss from home. So today it’s going to be the 3 things I’ll miss most.
3. My sister/family – honestly, my little sister will miss me more than I miss her (she’s 9, I’ll just be glad for the peace and quiet). Okay I kid, I’ll miss her so much. For the past year I’ve lived with her and my dad and she’s loved it so much, so have I. It’s always great seeing my sister everyday rather than once a week, but I’ll still be glad for the break from her haha!
2. Irn bru – let’s be honest, typical Scots thing to say and honestly I don’t even drink it that often but there’s nothing like waking up after being out on the town the night before and getting yourself a cold can of bru.
1. My own bed – I’m the type of person that can sleep anywhere, and when I say anywhere.. I mean anywhere. But there’s just something about getting into your own bed after a long day. I can assure you, I’m going to miss my bed.
What things do you all miss most when you’re away from home? Comment below and let me know!
Remember if you want to follow our trip follow our instagram > click here
Currently feeling a wide range of emotions: scared, nervous, anxious, fucking excited.
We head to America for this trip in 4 days time.. we booked our flights 10 months ago and now suddenly here we are just days away from getting on that plane and starting our road trip.
Today is another day, and another list. 4 things I’m trying not to forget.
With it being just a few days until we go it’s a case of frantically trying to remember what there is still to be packed or just what we have to remember to take!
4. Camera – I honestly can’t imagine not being able to take pictures of almost everything. I’ve always been snap happy, and it’s always proven on holidays when I come back with 1000s of pictures. This month long trip will definitely not be any different. Although I’ll have my phone, it’s not the same as using a proper camera.
3. Passport/drivers licence- I feel like I need to mention the simple things here. I’m not usually the type of person to forget things as important as this but, my passport is laying out somewhere I can see and somewhere I’ll remember to pick it up from. And if I forget my licence I can kiss goodbye to driving in America.
2. Credit cards/money – once again the simple things. With it relying so heavily on myself especially, this needs to be on my list. My card is being used for the car and the hotel in Vegas etc so it’s essential that I remember to take them.
1. Notebook and pen – this is for most people a once in a lifetime experience and I want to be able to document our journey. I’ve bought myself a beautiful wee travel journal and I can’t wait to write in it. 40 years from now when my memory won’t be at its best I’ll have my pictures from my camera and my day to day ramblings of my journal.
There is of course so much more to remember to take but I’ll be happy with these 4 items.
5 days to go.
Today it’s all about the top 5 things I can’t wait to do while on my road trip in America.
5. Visit the Grand Canyon – typical tourist thing, but I really can’t wait to visit and take some beautifully picturesque pictures of this amazing landscape.
4. Visit Alcatraz – one of the last things we’ll be doing on our trip but something that’s been on our list to do since we started planning. We’re doing the night tour towards the end of June and I definitely can’t wait for it.
3. See Les Miserables – I can’t explain just how excited I am for this. Les Miserables is one of my all time favourites and I’m so stoked that one of my friends is coming with me to see it in NYC (next week!).
2. Bike ride through central park – it’s the little things sometimes. Jumping on a bike and cycling through central park is definitely something I can’t wait for. I seen a little of central park last time I was in NYC but it will be good to see it in the summer with my best pals at our own chilled out, relaxed pace.
1. Driving! – well how could I not mention driving itself. Boston to San Francisco, what’s not to be excited about? Getting behind the wheel with my pals and driving from the east to the west.
I’ve never been more excited about something in my life. A month long trip with my 3 gals, and all you!
Leave me a comment below and let me know what your favourite parts of your trips have been or what you are exited about!
6 days. It’s only 6 days until we fly into Boston and begin our road trip.
I thought over these next couple of days I would use the number of days to do a list of different places I can’t wait to go/things I can’t wait to do etc etc.
Today I’m going to start with the top 6 places I can’t wait to go.
6. Boston – it’s the first place on our trip. We fly into Boston, stay for a few days then collect our car and move on. I’m really looking forward to Boston mainly because it’s going to be the birthplace of this trip. I know Boston is surrounded by so much history and I can’t wait to explore.
5. San Francisco – I’ve heard a lot of people saying that San Fran is one place they wouldn’t be too keen on going and I really can’t understand why? It’s firmly on my list of places to go.
4. New Orleans – You would be crazy if you didn’t want to visit NOLA and head to the French Quarter. I want rum punch and karaoke in my life and I know this is the place to go.
3. Abingdon – A random town we picked to stop off on our way to Nashville, yet one of the places I’m most excited for because we really don’t know what we’re going to find.
2. Amarillo – I’m definitely looking forward to going here, it’s all about heading to Cadillac Ranch. It was one of the first things we found to do on our journey so needless to say I’m looking forward to it.
1. Las Vegas – Las Vegas has to be another for me. I think this is mainly because I was meant to be there over new year and for certain reasons couldn’t. I missed out on my first chance of going so I can’t wait to actually be there.
Obviously I’m looking forward to going everywhere and actually picking these 6 was harder than it seems. Once my trip is over I’ll be able to compare and see if these 6 were the places I enjoyed most!
Feel free to leave me a comment below. Have you been to any of these places? Tell me about your experience.