“Bucket List; noun. A number of experiences or achievements that someone wishes to have or accomplish within their lifetime.”
People have different views on bucket lists. Some think they’re a bad idea, why make a list of things you want to do in your life when you’re not going to go to any effort to make these things happen?
But I think they’re a great idea. For the most part I believe writing a list of the things you want to do/see/achieve in life will inspire and urge you to go out of your way to make the things happen. I know some people won’t go out of their way to make the things happen but the majority of people will.
I know some people say, why have a list? Surely you want to experience everything the world has to offer?
Yes, I do. My list doesn’t stop here. I continuously add more and more to it, it really is never ending.
Drive in another country.read here Visit Reykjavik, Iceland. See Les Miserbales on Broadway.
- Visit all 50 US states (17/50).
Go on a road trip with my best friends. Visit the Louvre in Paris, France. Road trip across America, from coast to coast.
- Learn another language.
- Backpack through Europe.
- Walk part of the Great Wall of China.
Visit the Anne Frank Museum, Amsterdam.
- Visit the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam.
Sing 500 miles on stage in Cats Meow, New Orleans. Celebrate NYE in Times Square, New York City. Visit the Grand Canyon, Arizona. Visit the Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. Win money in a Las Vegas Casino.read here Go travelling myself. Visit Berlin, Germany.read here Eat a brownie/smoke in Amsterdam.
- Go on the next plane to anywhere.
Visit the French Quarter, New Orleans.
- Visit Kraków, Poland.
- Spend a summer skiing in Chile.
Walk the Las Vegas strip. Send a message in a bottle down the Mississippi River.
- Eurorail across at least 4 countries.
- Drive to the top of Scotland.
Visit Alcatraz Island, San Francisco.
- Live in another country for at least 6 months.
Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco. Walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Visit the Grand Ole Opry, Nashville. Visit the White House, Washington.
- See the Aurora Borealis.
- Put a map on my wall and put pins in everywhere I’ve been.
Be a tourist in my own city. Celebrate my birthday in a different country.(20th in Egypt and 22nd in Germany). Watch the sunset over the Grand Canyon.
- Watch the sunrise over the Grand Canyon.
Drive route 66.(We drove part of it).
- Visit Niagra Falls, Canada.
Visit the Four Corners; Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nevada. Ride the big wheel at Coney Island.
- Throw a dart on a map and just go!
- Fly first class.
Attend a music festival. Work at a music festival.
- Visit Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Ski in the Swiss Alps, Switzerland.
- Complete a 365 day photo challenge.
- Quit my job.
Spray paint my name on a cadillac at Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo TX.
- Leave an inspirational note inside a book for someone.
- Get rid of all my credit card debt.
- Be completely debt free.
Get a tattoo.(I currently have 5 as of 01/11/2017).
- Take a photography course.
- Visit the Sistene Chapel, Rome.
- Ride a zip line.
- Explore a cave.
- Jump off a cliff.
- Jump off a waterfall.
Play beer pong.
- Bathe an elephant.
- Feed a koala bear.
- Hold a monkey.
- Sleep in an overwater bungalo.
- Take part in La Tomatina, Spain.
Bathe in Icelands geothermal pools.
- Circle the world.
- Disconnect from the internet for a week.
- Disconnect from the internet for a month.
- Swim in the fairy pools in the Isle of Skye.
- Go to the end of the world in New Zealand.
- Ride a gondola in Venice.
Go skinny dipping.
- Celebrate NYE in Sydney.
- Get to a weight I’m happy with.
Have a party for my 18th. Have a party for my 21st.
- Have a party for my 30th.
- Have a party for my 40th.
- Celebrate the festival of light in Thailand.
Set foot in North America.
- Set foot in South America.
Set foot in Europe. Set foot in Asia.
- Set foot in Australia.
- Set foot in Antartica.
Set foot in Africa.
- Write my will.
- Set up a savings account to give to my sister when she’s 21.
- Set up a savings account to give to my little cousin when he’s 21.
- Own my own house.
- Eat at a michelin starred restaurant.
- Visit every country in the world.
Buy an expensive suitcase. Get 10,000 views on YouTube. (35k on a seriously bad quality video – I mean seriously bad).don’t watch it here
- Get a half/full sleeve tattoo.
Get a nose piercing. Get retweeted by a celebrity.(Josh Franceschi from ymas).
- Go in a hot tub outside in the snow.
- Have a walk in closet.
Get my driver’s license.
- Go to Oktoberfest, Germany.
- Spend Christmas on a beach drinking Daquiris.
- Visit Tokyo.
- Visit every capital city in Europe.
- Visit Hong Kong.
- Start drawing again.
Be a bridesmaid. Visit the Berlin wall and Checkpoint Charlie.
- Be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras.
- Be in Mexico for Dia de los Muertos.
- Visit Thailand.
Bathe in the Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa. Visit Al-Azhar Mosque, Cairo Egypt.
- Visit Madagascar.
- Eat at an undersea restaurant.
Have my picture in a newspaper. Learn CPR.
- Go on a cruise.
Get my dad a brick at Ibrox. Get a promotion.
- Move out of my dads.
Be a member of a TV audience. Attend a concert in another country.(Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – Berlin). Take someone on a surprise trip away.
- Have £1000 in savings.
- Have £5000 in savings.
- Have £10000 in savings.
See the Empire State building, NYC.
- Learn to love coffee.
- Learn to cartwheel.
- Visit the catacombs in Paris, France.
Own a go pro.
- Visit Bora Bora.
- Get matching/meaningful tattoos with friends.
Write and send a letter to someone. Skype with someone I haven’t met.(Jay Miller, producer). Go on a party holiday.(Santa Ponsa – 2011, Ayia Napa – 2012). Toast marshmallows over a fire. Go on a plane somewhere every year.(every year since 2011 – that I can remember)
- Stay in a 5 star hotel.
- Throw someone a surprise party.
Meet a celebrity.(You Me At Six, Gok Wan, One Direction to name but a few).
With much more yet to be added..
What’s on your bucket list? Maybe we have some of the same things, or maybe not. Leave me a comment and let me know what’s on your list or link me to it! I would love to read them.