So, the lovely brokeatlas nominated me for this Liebster award!
It was a surprise and I’m so truly grateful. Just to know that someone’s read and enjoyed at least one of my posts enough to choose me for this is so great. Please make sure to check out her blog – brokeatlas.wordpress.com she has some fantastic posts which I’m sure you’ll all enjoy; one of my favourite’s being I heart Zagreb.
What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award originated in 2011 as an online award that is given to travel bloggers by travel bloggers. You take your award and pass it forward. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It’s a great way to explore new blogs and expand your network in the blogging community whilst also showing others that you appreciate their hard work and talent.
The official rules of The Liebster Award vary, but generally it is agreed that if your blog has been nominated and you have chosen to accept it you must:
– Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
– Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. Images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award can be found here.
– Answer your nominator’s questions and create 11 questions for your own nominees to answer.
– Nominate 5 to 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
– Give 10 random facts about yourself.
– List these rules in your post.
Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
My 11 Questions:
1.What is your best piece of advice for new travel bloggers?
Blog. You’re just starting out, you have a few blog post ideas lined up but then you think you don’t have much to write about, you do. Look to others for inspiration, but don’t copy their posts. There’s so much for you to blog about, even if you think “Someone’s wrote a post on this before, so why should I?” someone may not have seen any other posts and be waiting around for yours. My problem when I started out was I thought I had nothing to write about, I was terrible at updating my blog and creating new posts. Don’t do what I did, it’s taken me until this year to try and sort my blog and myself out but I’m so glad I finally did.
2. If you had to write a blog about another topic what would it be?
I would probably write about food, you can’t go wrong with that, everyone in the world eats afterall.
3. If you could attend any festival from anywhere in the world what would it be?
Probably, Just for Laughs, Montreal Comedy Festival (Montreal, Canada). I’m a big lover of comedy, and had I already been to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Edinbrugh, Scotland) I would have chosen that because I do believe it is the best comedy festival going; true I may be biased as I’m Scottish, but hey what you going to do? Therefore I’d probably hit up Just for Laughs, it would also take me travelling and to somewhere I haven’t been.
4. What is the one thing you can’t travel without?
Hand sanitiser. I’m not someone that has a massive issue with germs or anything, but when I’m travelling I feel the need to have as much as I can carry. I’ve left toilets all over the world where people don’t bother to wash their hands, which honestly disgusts me, so the thought of them then touching me or something I will later touch gives me the boke! No thank you, sanatise your soul.. and hands.
5. Who is your favourite travel companion?
I think I have to say one of my best friends, Clare. She’s someone that can always make me laugh and although sometimes she doesn’t have the best of luck with certain things (we went on a girls holiday in 2011 for 2 weeks, we were near the end and she asked another friend to see her camera and the pictures she had taken. She deleted them. Not one or two pictures, every single one. She’s never been trusted with a camera since. She can be a bit ditzy, but she would make me laugh non-stop so it’s a small price to pay. Example A how she made us laugh in America.
6. What is your funniest travel memory?
Oh Lordy, I have so many. I think I’ll choose my most recent from the end of our American road trip. We were in San Francisco (having been to Universal Studios in LA the week before where both Clare and Ellé had picked up wands at Harry Potter), outside the painted ladies with many other tourists snapping pictures and locals walking dogs etc. When Clare and Ellé produce their wands and start shouting spells from Harry Potter at each other, one of which saying the excruciado spell and the other then falling to the ground. I could not contain my laughter, although I think everyone else around us thought they were mentally unstable.
7. If you had to move abroad permanently where would it be?
I think would move to the States. Especially after my road trip, I could see myself living in New Orleans or Nashville.
8. If you could teleport to another country right this second, where would you choose?
Australia. It’s the furthest away, the longest travelling time. Obviously I’d chose there and cut that out. If you’re going to teleport, you do it right. No point going somewhere that takes a few hours on a plane.
9. What is your favourite type of cuisine? (E.g. Spanish, Italian…)
I like so many. I think at the moment I would have to say Mexican. I love spice.
10. What country would you least like to visit and why?
Least like to visit? That’s a difficult one, I don’t ever really think of not visiting places. I’m going to go for Sudan, only because it’s one of the hottest countries in the world and I’m not a big fan of the sun (I’m Scottish, I just burn).
11. If you could travel with any celebrity who would it be?
I would probably choose a comedian, someone who will always have a joke or story to tell on the journeys. If I go home grown, it would be Kevin Bridges, a fellow Scot. At least I would know he wouldn’t have any trouble understanding anything I say, us Scots and our Scottish accents sometimes are hard to understand.
10 random facts about myself:
- I love art. For as far back as I can remember until I was 16 I wanted to be an artist when I was older (only for me to realise I’d probably never make any money from it, so I let that dream go).
- I have 9 piercings on my left ear, 3 on my right and my nose pierced.
- I absolutely love cacti.
- Tiramisu is my most favourite dessert. If it’s on the menu, it’s in my belly.
- I have an obsession with notebooks. I buy a new one every few weeks, even if I haven’t even used the previous ones.
- I’m a trained first aider, but hate being the person that has to give first aid. I’m scared I do something wrong.
- I didn’t get a promotion to Security Section Leader in work because I “wasn’t confident enough” according to my manager. I catch the most shoplifters and am not afraid to deal with any situation. I know I really didn’t get the job because I’m female and the other person going for it was male.
- I have 4 tattoos but say I really have 3 because my first one has half disappeared from my foot.
- I can’t deal with bad grammar, even through text. It infurtiates me when ‘ppl txt like ths’ you’re just missing out the vowels, put them back.
- I voted no when Scotland had their Independence Referendum because I believed it was best for us at that point. If we were doing it again now, I would vote differently.
Bee Wanderlust – Becca makes me want to pack up and move to Australia.
Kiwi Girl Gone – great blog, great posts, great adventures.
Wanderlust Ladies – from travel tips to many countries visited you’re sure to find some great stuff on their blog.
Finding Tom – he always has great posts, and you’re sure to love his recent ones of his drive across America.
My 11 Questions:
- What inspired you to write a blog?
- What was your first travel experience?
- Are you more a morning person or night owl?
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
- Upload a photo from a recent trip and tell us why you chose it?
- What is your favourite film?
- If you could describe your life right now in 5 words or less, how would you describe it?
- Who is your favourite music artist/band to listen to?
- If you could learn one new skill, what would it be?
- Give your best travel tips?
- Tell us your favourite travel memory?
Thanks for reading guys!