January blues are in full force for me, I want nothing more than to jump on the next plane to anywhere!
I’m guessing many of us are in the same boat currently, and I know for me I’ve got my planning underway for me to get out of Glasgow as soon as possible. What’s making me want to go more are these, a small list of my most favourite travel quotes.
- “For the born traveller, travelling is a besetting vice. Like other vices, it is imperious, demanding its victims time, money, energy and the sacrifice of comfort.” – Aldous Huxley.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
- “Travelling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.” – Lisa St Aubin de Terán.
- “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain.
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine.
Travel is an incredibly life changing experience and one that everyone should experience. If you don’t you will undoubtedly lead a limited view on the world.
Wanderlust, act on it. Don’t delay, not for a moment.
What are your favourite quotes? Leave a comment and let me know.